What is personal information?
When used in this Policy, “personal information” has the meaning given in the Privacy Act. Generally, it means any information or an opinion that could be used to identify you.
How do we collect personal information?
We may collect your personal information if you:
- deal with us directly over the phone;
- have contact with us in person;
- interact with us online, including through our websites, mobile applications and social media channels (such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and LinkedIn – these social media channels will also handle your personal information for their own purposes and have their own privacy policies);
- apply for a position with us (either as an employee or as a contractor).
This collection may be required to allow you to:
- receive information from us;
- use our services
- access sites
- receive information
- work with us.
Collecting personal information through our website
Our websites use Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Our websites and mobile applications also use the following Google Analytics Advertising Features:
Remarketing and Impression Reporting; and Demographics and Interest Reporting.
Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage in order to improve our services.
What personal information do we collect?
We collect the personal information which you tell us. This may include your name, address, age or date of birth, telephone number, workplace details, email address, keys for accessing sites and goods and services you have purchased.
If you order goods and services from our website, you may also provide credit card details and other information which will allow us to process your request and make the transaction.
We may also request:
- your preferences for receiving further information about our goods and services;
- demographic information and unique identifiers in order to provide you with a more personalised experience or to verify your passwords.
Wherever possible, we will try to collect personal information from you directly, rather than from another person or source, unless it is unreasonable or impractical to do so.
How does Efficient Hygiene Services Pty Ltd use your personal information?
The personal information you provide to us may be used by us for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the information, resources, goods and services you have requested;
- for the marketing and research purposes Efficient Hygiene Services, its contractors or service providers;
- for internal administrative purposes;
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- for research, advice and information, including for benchmarking purposes;
- to assess any application from you to work with us; and
- if you lodge a complaint with us, to process and respond to your complaint.
Other than for the purposes described above, we will not use your personal information without your prior consent.
Security of your personal information
We take reasonable steps to ensure the security of all information we collect, including that the information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. For example, your personal information is maintained in a secure environment, which can be accessed only by authorised personnel. However, no data transmission over the internet or information stored on servers accessible through the internet can be guaranteed to be fully secure.
In addition, we take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify your personal information once we no longer need it.
Disclosure of personal information
- service providers that host our website servers;
- marketing service providers; and
- professional advisors (such as accountants, auditors and lawyers).
We may also disclose your personal information if:
- you have consented to the disclosure;
- it is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order.
We do not directly disclose personal information to recipients located overseas.
Accessing and correcting personal information
You may request access to your personal information collected by us, and ask that we correct that personal information. You can ask for access or correction by contacting us and we will usually respond within 30 days. If we refuse to give you access to, or correct, your personal information, we will notify you in writing setting out the reasons.
Complaints about your privacy
If you believe your privacy has been breached or you have a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, please contact us in writing. We will respond within a reasonable period (usually within 30 days).
If you are not satisfied with our response, then you may lodge a formal complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (for more information, please see www.oaic.gov.au)
This Policy was last updated in September 2019.
References to “Efficient Hygiene Services “we”, “us” and “our” are references to Efficient Hygiene Services Pty Ltd ABN 85 160 809 058 or any of its Subsidiaries.
How to contact us
Post: 2/19 Millennium Circuit Helensvale.