Air Con Cleaning & Disinfecting
Please Note: Business name has been excluded from blog to remain anonymous.
An external audit from an independent company undertook various air samples and swab tests, with results indicating extremely high microbial growth levels and cleaning was required to comply with IICRC and ASTM standards. EHS was contracted to undertake all aspects of the air conditioning system and provide remediation and prevention works to ensure no harmful contaminants are present. The building is a 3 storey building that is 40 years old and has 4 main air conditioners that services the entire building. The building relies soley on the AC to provide ventilation to its occupied spaces.
Date of Job: September 2018
Duration of Job: 18 Days
Type of Work Completed: Full Air Conditioning System Cleaning, Disinfecting and Treating Works.
Scope of Works:
- Undertake cleaning, disinfecting and treatment works for all 4 air handling units.
- Undertake cleaning, disinfecting and treatment works for all supply air ductwork.
- Undertake cleaning, disinfecting and treatment works for all return air ductwork.
- Undertake cleaning, disinfecting and treatment works for all outside air ductwork.
- Undertake cleaning and disinfecting works for all return air grills and supply air registers.
- Ensure all plant rooms are cleaned and disinfected.
EHS ensured that all works were completed after hours in order to maintain normal operations to the building and its staff members. Efficient Hygiene Services also ensured the correct procedures were taken to safely remove all hazardous contaminants found inside the AC systems. The use of correct PPE and HEPA filtered extractions equipment were essential to our scope of works in the completion of this job.
Before & After
Cooling Coils Before
Cooling Coils After
Electric Duct Heater and Ductwork Before
Electric Duct Heater and Ductwork After
Ductwork Before Anti Microbial Application
Ductwork After Anti Microbial Application
Plant Room Before
Plant Room After